+44 20 7406 7420


What's HPI Visa?

It is for individuals who have graduated from an institution in the Global Universities list published by Home Office. You do not need to have a job offer to apply.


• The institution you are graduated from must be on the eligible universities list published by Home Office for the year you acquire your diploma.
• Your qualification must be a bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree, PhD, or doctorate
• You must prove B1 level English proficiency (speaking, listening, reading, writing)
• If you have resided in the UK for less than 12 months, you must prove enough funds to support yourself in the UK for the first month.

Your Rights

• If you have a PhD or other doctoral qualification, you will be issued a 3 year visa, otherwise, it will be a 2-year visa.
• You cannot extend your HPI visa, but you can switch to a different visa to extend your stay in the UK.
• When you granted with a HPI visa, you can look for work, work for a company or an organization etc., be self-employed or do voluntary work.


Successful applicants can bring their family members to the UK as dependents. Dependants are free to work, they can establish their own companies or work in an institution on a salary basis.