+44 20 7406 7420


What’s Graduate Visa?

A Graduate visa permits you to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after completing a course in the UK. A Graduate visa lasts for 2 years for a bachelor's degree or master's degree and 3 years for a PhD or other doctoral qualification.

To benefit from this visa, the sponsor license of the institution which you graduated from must have the Tracked Record of Compliance.

Check if your education provider has a track record of compliance
- it will have ‘’Student Sponsor - Track Record’’ in the ‘’Status’’ column.


You can apply for this visa if you meet all the following conditions:

• You’re in the UK
• Your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
• You studied bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible courses in the UK for a min period of time with your
Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
• The institution where you studied must confirm that you have completed your education

When to apply ?

You must apply before your student visa, or Tier 4 (General) student visa expires. You can apply as soon as the institution you are studying informs the Home Office that you have completed the education you received with your Student or Tier 4 (General) student visa. You don't have to wait until you get your diploma.

Your Rights

When you grated with a Graduate Visa, you can look for work, work for a company or an organization etc., be self-employed or do voluntary work.

You cannot apply for public funds or the State Pension


If your partner and children joined you as a dependant on your current student visa/Tier 4 student visa, they can also apply to remain dependent on your Graduate visa. In successful applications, their visa will end on the same date as yours, and their rights will stay the same.